Environmental Mini Grant
Applications for Environmental Mini Grants should promote and support environmental stewardship and sustainable living in the Campbellford/Seymour area.
Grant Funding available annually - $500 total (Accepting applications for funding of $100 to $500)
- Building Capacity and Co-operation in the community: Projects to help to build and enable groups and organizations that want to take action through education, information, partnerships, co-operation, and planning.
- Protecting and Enhancing our environmental assets:
Natural landscapes: habitat, natural areas, and wildlife, plus the outdoor activities people enjoy in these green spaces
Water quality: wetlands, shorelines, fish habitat, plus the activities that people enjoy such as fishing, boating, and swimming
Sustainable Community Lifestyles: Healthy and sustainable lifestyles based on Environmental Diversity: agriculture, recreation, cultural activities
- Green Community - for projects oriented to the values of environmental sustainability:
- reduced energy and chemical use
- environmentally sustainable economic activities, with a focus on agriculture and alternative energy
- economic activities that link local production with local consumption, including farmers markets,
- information and educational materials that provide public information on sustainable choices
- lifestyle options and activities that foster the growth of a green community ethic.
- Watershed Protection - for projects that support efforts to protect water bodies from pollution and other forms of ecological damage:
- support for environmentally-sustainable uses of the area’s water resources and surrounding landscapes
- the promotion of agricultural activities that protect area water bodies
- information and educational materials that provide public information on water quality issues and solutions
- personal lifestyle choices that maintain and enhance local water quality and quantity.
- Landscape Protection - for projects that support efforts to maintain, increase and enhance the amount of land in Campbellford/ Seymour that is protected for environmental purposes:
- parks, conservation areas, natural habitat areas, etc. and public access to such areas
- support for the protection of wildlife populations and habitats especially those with species at risk
- support for efforts to maintain and enhance appropriate access to natural areas for low impact recreation and nature study/ observation activities, and related information and educational materials.
Read more about the Community Foundation's environmental focus>>